Friday 7 May 2010

Politics.

2010 UK General Election Pictures, Images and Photos
Most people realize that yesterday was the UK general election.
Didn't this just go fantastically well. (Please, sense the sarcasm)

When people said theres a chance it was going to be a hung Parliament, to be honest, I thought it's one of those things that just wouldn't happen. I thought Conservatives would win, by a fair amount, followed by Labour, very closely followed by the Lib Dems.

But nope. It's now a hung Parliament.
Isn't it funny, how the Liberal Democrats are considered the third, and least important party, and now the fate of the two main parties is completely hinged on which deals can be created with them.

To be honest, PR would be a much fairer election system, but their policies on Europe are rediculous, and even more so are their policies on illegal immigrants... I mean, come on now, you can't just allow people to stay here just because they've been honest about being illegal in the first place!

I really, really hope the Torys get it. I think they will, as Clegg has already said he'll speak with them first as they won the most seats... but if they don't agree to PR, Clegg might decide to talk to Brown.

Anywho, I stayed up all last with about 10 people from my college (mostly fellow politics students, and a few historys in there) we expected results at about 3:30/4:00 in the morning..THEY'VE STILL GOT ONE CONSTITUENCY TO GO NOW! Having said that, I think theres a reason behind that.. I just can't remember it right now. So college was fun today, I was dead from start to finish, and whenever I was asked a question my brain simply turned to mush and refused to function. I guess thats what happened when you sleep next to someone who sounds like a warthog dying, whilst supposedly "peacefully" asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment