Thursday 29 April 2010

Times Gone By

Photobucket

I've been thinking a lot lately about the world, how it's run, whats important, etc.
To be frank, i'm starting to think I was born in the wrong decade. I was born in 1992, when crop tops & leggings were cool (wait a minute.. sounds a lot like 2010...) But I wish I was born in 1950.
The reason for this? I would have  been a child of the rock & roll generation. A generation where the "I don't give a fuck about anything" mentality were perfectly exceptable - as the lovely Mick Jagger is demonstrating here.
I'd have been just old enough to experience the 60's and 70's to their pull potential, and i'd appreciate technology that we all take for granted, like pcs & tvs. But the thing that saddens me the most? The fact that now the only thing people care about is money. We make sure we work hard in school, then college, then uni, all so we can get ourselves a good job and earn a nice living.
If you ask me, we've actually become less free. Freedom was such an issue, with people campaigning for their rights etc. But now we've got them, we've all become far too serious! It's like everybody forgets that actually yes, we do only live once, so surely we should have a hell of a time whilst were here? It's like everybody is too afraid to chase their real dreams for fear of failure, and therefore the big issue of how to pay the next rent check.
Well, fuck it. I refuse to live in a society where everybody else dictates what is/isn't  correct for me to aspire towards.


ps, sorry about any typos, my keyboard is dodgy, particulaly my "v" key

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you, I just wish I'd been to Biba!
    (By the way, I found your blog when looking for people in Essex... Yeah, this is what I do when I can't sleep :P)

    http://itscohen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou! Ha, my mum thinks i'm crazy :)
    Bless her!

    ReplyDelete